Sunday, May 11, 2014

ESC 2014

Watching the Eurovision Song Contest 2014 Final now with my good friend Bombay Sapphire (no, she's not a stripper, or even a person), just saw the last performance. I'm rooting for either Norway or Austria, they are pretty much neck to neck. Until tonight I thought Austria was a tad bit better, but after tonight's performance I think Norway is at least as good. The delivery from the vocalist was pretty intense, not necessarily all the way in tune, but damn he had a lot of feeling. Sweden was also pretty good, and Armenia and Netherlands had some kind of charm to me.

Let's see what happens.

EDIT:

So, Austria won, Netherlands was second, Sweden third and if I recall correctly Armenia was fourth or fifth. Only Norway was left behind a bit. Rarely do I agree this much with the music consuming majority. Either I'm getting dumber or they're getting wiser. Might be both :)

14 comments:

  1. yep, I was just watching it, too...my favorites are the Netherlands! What do you think about those kids from Finland?? haha...As I´m from Germany I´m excited about the result of Elaiza...hmmm...I don´t know...As I´m already very tired I will switch off the TV now and go to bed. So have a good night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same favourites as you: Austria, Norway and Sweden.
    Armenia and Finland wasn't too bad either, I didn't like Netherlands that much though and all the rest was just boring and/or stupid as usual.
    I'm ok with the results though, Norway had the most beautiful song in my opinion, but it was kinda obvious that a more bombastic song would win in this kind of competition. Which is ok.
    That norwegian guy has a great voice (especially for someone who doesn't usually sing) and the emotions and softness of the song was simply impressive - he just needs a different audience :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Norway was/is best. :) He just nailed everything together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lo siento jani, he visto noruega y españa en youtube, y es horrrribleee!!! no quiero ver austria, pero por supuesto mis respetos a todos ( no me gusta eurovisión) y no me gusta eurovisión!!...:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but do you like eurovisión??

      Delete
    2. I'm not sure if he likes eurovision. After all, he never said he likes eurovision or he doesn't like eurovision

      Delete
    3. the question is for karmen :33 I'm still not sure if she likes eurovisión XDD

      Delete
  5. uy, sólo lo he visto una vez, era una niña y me aburrí muchísimo :)), pero creo que hoy en día me volvería a aburrir...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pick up yer ol' Ibanez RG, plug it in one of'em Triaxis and compose some quality metal, ye damn pirate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did that just last week. Granted it was an ESP and a Guitar Rig 5 plugin, but there was definitely some composing and metal involved :)

      Delete